- special needs
- delayed developmental milestones
- orthopaedic issues/sports injuries
- feeding difficulties
- challenges with fine motor skills (grasp, eye-hand coordination, printing/writing)
- challenges with school performance (following routines, organization skills, attention/behaviour)
- challenges with toileting
- communication/language related challenges
…in a motivating kid-friendly environment.
Parents, physicians, and community professionals can all refer to Butterfly.
- New Therapeutic Recreation Programs at Butterfly!RecreActive is coming to Butterfly to host therapeutic recreation programs!Lego Builders!Ages 6-12 yearsSunday May 24, 2015 10:00-11:30amCost $80.00 plus HST for 4 sessionsRegistration — 1-877-855-7070Play is one of a young child’s most powerful cognitive and social learning tools. Building these skills in young children with special needs, will maximize their capacity for positive interactions and overall recreational and social engagement. In our Just for Kids’ unique RecreACTIVE LEGO Builder’s program, there
- Summer Groups at Butterfly 2015
Occupational Therapy Groups
Cost: $360 for 6 weekly 75-minute sessions; additional $75 pre-group screen for new clients to Butterfly OT.
Dates: Thursdays in July and August
Times: To Be Determined
- Pre-Printing Power — designed for children 3-5 years of age who have difficulty drawing, colouring, holding a writing utensil or have a general lack of interest in writing letters and numbers. The goal of the group will be to develop pre-printing and printing skills in order to enter confidently into kindergarten and primary school learning.
- Print Magic — designed for children 5-7 years of age who demonstrate difficulty with printing skills. The goal of
- Run, Walk, Wheel and Roll for THREE TO BE
Run, Walk, Wheel and Roll for THREE TO BE is an event in support of children with neurological disorders. In years past, this event has taken place as part of the Toronto Marathon. We are excited to announce that this year it has evolved to become a day not only for running, walking, wheeling and rolling but also for celebrating with families and the community. Money raised from this event supports cutting edge research and therapy-development for children with brain disorders, as well as critical supports and resources for the families we serve through the PAL program at THREE
- Parapan Am Tickets