- special needs
- delayed developmental milestones
- orthopaedic issues/sports injuries
- feeding difficulties
- challenges with fine motor skills (grasp, eye-hand coordination, printing/writing)
- challenges with school performance (following routines, organization skills, attention/behaviour)
- challenges with toileting
- communication/language related challenges
…in a motivating kid-friendly environment.
Parents, physicians, and community professionals can all refer to Butterfly.
- RESPECT TODAY!!
- Modern Day Bed Time Story
Need a relaxing iPad app to help soothe your little one’s at night? Denitsa Getsova, Speech Language Pathologist at Butterfly has recommended the ”Nighty Night” app (only $1.99!!!!!), designed for children ages 1-4. Check out http://www.padgadget.com/
2011/04/26/nighty-night-hd- ipad-app-review/ for more information!!
What kind of apps do your kids enjoy!?
- Toys Articles
Butterfly’s Speech Language Pathologist, Denitsa Getsova has recommended an educational article about toy selection for your speech delayed child. Great find, thanks Denitsa!
- Butterfly Equipment Exchange – Save the Date – May 14th, 2014
Hello!! Butterfly Paediatric Therapy Inc will be hosting an equipment exchange! Feedback from our clients has indicated that people have good intentions of posting equipment to donate when it is outgrown, but in our busy lives this doesn’t always happen. Also, sometimes people are hesitant to get used equipment when they aren’t certain if it will fit — Let us help!!
On Wednesday, May 14th from 5:30 to 7:30 at Butterfly, 2601 Matheson Blvd East, Unit 29 in Mississauga, Ontario (just south of the Airport and on the Etobicoke border) Butterfly therapists will be on hand, with any
- School Advocacy Presentation – Information Valid Across All Boards!
Toronto Family Network Presentation
When: Thursday February 27, 2014
Where: THREE TO BE
452 Wilson Ave, Toronto
(West of Bathurst, north side of Wilson)
Bring: A copy of your child’s latest IEP &
IPRC Decision Form
RSVP: By February 20, 2014
What do you want to learn from this workshop?
We welcome your questions with registration
The ABCs of School: Navigating the Educational System